Tuesday 17 July 2007

Live or die... is it about where you live? No!

I was blog-surfing over lunch and came across various interesting blogs... most full of encouraging messages and it touched me to see people reaching out across the oceans. Then a saying on this blog, texasinafrica.blogspot, caught my eye and won't leave my mind. The quote is by Bono, and goes... "where you live should not determine whether you live or die..."
My mind is now on marathon and I am developing an idea that I hope to share with you in due time. In the meantime, I have just called my sister and asked her to free her evening... I want her to join me in the AA meeting today, just to let her meet my new 'family'. I still feel so elated that I opened out to her and she is by me... I cannot begin to tell the kind of reactions I was expecting. Well, none of the bad stuff. All good right now.
Forgot to mention that I have started on one medication whose name is either too long or technical for me to remember... I am so not used to it that I even forgot it in the house this morning so will have to catch up on the dose in the evening.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Your strength is inspiring.

texasinafrica said...

Wow, thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that quote touched your heart; it stays with me all the time as well.